*Please note the show letter below was given out in class week commencing 4th February*.
FINAL SHOW LETTER IMPORTANT INFORMATION (All 3 Shows)
This year’s show ’Heroes and Villains’ is now rapidly approaching with less than 4 weeks to go! Your daughter/ son will be in all 3 shows on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd March, the show times are 4pm on Saturday and 11:30am, 3:30pm on Sunday.
The show is taking place at Arlington Arts Centre, Mary Hare, Newbury, RG14 3BQ. For more directions please go to www.arlingtonarts.co.uk. If you click onto plan your visit, you will then find directions. Please note when exiting the motorway junction, please then take the 1st exit on your left sign posted Services/ Donnington.
Children will need to be dropped off for the Dress rehearsal, please see times below.
Please note that parents will not be allowed in the theatre when dress rehearsal is taking place. Once you arrive please make sure that you take your child to the toilet in the Arlington Arts Centre. You will then need to exit and find Stage Door which is to the right of the building. Children are to be signed in and dropped off by the entrance to STAGE DOOR. This is where they will meet their chaperones. At the end of the show once the children are changed, I will bring students out onto the stage in their groups with their chaperone to be signed out and collected.
Please see times of arrival below.
Saturday 2nd March
10:15am: G5, G6 Tap/ G4, 5, 6 Ballet/G4, G5, G6 Inter Modern/ Pointe Work
11:00am: G2, G3 Ballet/ G2, G3, G4 Tap/ Street Dance (Age 8 yrs+)
11:00am: Grade 1 Ballet/ G1 Tap/ G1 Modern/ Musical theatre
12:00pm: Pre-primary Ballet (Spencer’s wood and Friday class)/ Primary Ballet/ Baby Tap/ Primary Tap
3:00pm: Baby Ballet (Spencer’s wood, 1st show)
4pm Show 1
6:00pm: End of Show including interval.
Sunday 3rd March
10:00am: Pre-primary (Monday and Saturday classes) Street Dance
10:15am: All students taking part in Show 2 and 3 to arrive and sign in at Stage Door
10:30am: Baby Ballet Children (Monday and Saturday classes)
11:30am: Show 2
1:50pm: Finish time for Show 2
3:30pm: Show 3
Please see list below of what your child will need to bring on the day.
- Please arrive in Dance Sensation tracksuit or outdoor clothes and shoes (i.e. zip-up jacket, trainers, comfortable and warm clothing.) Please wear dance uniform under your tracksuit.
- A large plastic box with lid (storage container) this has to be big enough to fit all your child’s costumes in and all that your child will need to bring. Your child will need their dance leotards, uniform for the finale number in the show. Please remember uniform and all dance shoes otherwise your child will not be able to come on stage for the finale. Please make sure that ALL uniform and boxes are clearly labelled with your child’s name. PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING.
- Hair must be tied back correctly in a classical bun. No fringes, no fancy clips, scrunches or hairbands please.
- Please make sure your child arrives in make-up on show day. This is so they can be seen under the bright lights. Eye shadow should be worn (i.e. blue) and blusher on cheeks. A chaperone will apply red lipstick when the children are dressed in costume.
- Black elastic in Tap shoes- Baby Tap, Primary Tap and G1 Tap.
- Pink elastic in Ballet shoes- All Ballet shoes
- Pink Socks –Baby ballet, Pre-primary and Primary Ballet and Tap
- Pink Ballet tights- Grade 1- Grade 6 Ballet
- Black Socks – Grade 1- Grade 6Tap
- White Ballet socks: – Ballet BOYS ONLY
- Street Dance: Dance Sensation tracksuit/ or Dance Sensation t-shirt and black leggings.
- Girls- nude Pants (can be purchased through Amazon or Danica in Caverham).
- Girls -Age 11 years upwards- Nude Bras with clear straps or no straps (can be purchased through Amazon or Dancia in Caversham) Dancia have given a special discount voucher which is attached to this letter. The voucher expires on the 1st March 2019.
To make things a little easier for the chaperones, please could all children come with:
- All uniform, storage boxes and lunch boxes clearly named.
- No lipstick, jewellery, nails varnish or tattoos (including earrings) to be worn – please could you put lipstick in your child’s box and the chaperone will apply just before show. If you have no lipstick please don’t worry as there is plenty in the make up box backstage.
- No cartons, blackcurrant, fizzy drinks, glass bottles or cans – If your child could bring a sports spout i.e. like a water bottle screw top so it can be resealed.
- No peanuts or any food containing nuts and bananas please. (Due to children with allergies).
- Lunches – Please provide sandwiches, plenty of fruit and energy snacks.
- No messy foods i.e. No yogurt and yogurt yops!!
- No Child will be allowed to see family and friends before show or be allowed out early or in-between shows.
- If you have any medication for your child then please label with child’s name and give to Marie or a chaperone.
There are still tickets left to purchase for all 3 shows, please contact www.arlingtonarts.co.uk.
If you have small children please do not let them run up and down the aisles and keep them seated at all times during the show. Noise level in the theatre must be kept to an absolute minimum when the shows are taking place, as it’s very distracting for the children up on stage whom are performing.
There will be a DVD of the show that you can purchase, Paul will be filming Show 1 (Saturday) and Sunday (Sunday 11:30am show only) – This is due to different classes only taking part in Show 1 and Show 2 only this year. Surrey Video services will hand out booking forms on show day or you’ll be able to collect a form through me after the show days. Please allow at least 3 weeks for your show DVD to arrive, I will then hand them out at dancing.
Photos will be taken of children on show day individually. We will do our best to try to get all children photographed. This is the first time we have done this and we are not sure how it will plan out on the day. We also have our dress run to rehearse and then show time! From Monday 18th March photos will be ready to view on line by Alex Baker Photography.
On the show day I always receive so many text messages and phone calls and I am unable to get back to you on show day. My phone will be switched on but I usually pass it on to one of my chaperones or front of house team. Please do not contact me unless there is a real emergency and if so then please leave a message on my mobile.
Finally I would be very grateful if you could write a little testimonial after the show, or a few words of what you thought about the show and the classes your son/ daughter attends at Dance Sensation. Please join our Dance Sensation Face Book Page and like us and leave a comment. This helps me to improve and get overall feedback from you. I would also like to update the Dance school web-site with new testimonies.
Many thanks and will see you all at class.
Term dates Jan-April 2019
·Monday 7th January- Saturday 6th April
·There will be no classes taking place on the following dates below:
·Friday 1st March
·Saturday 2nd March
·Monday 4th March
·Dance Show: Saturday 2nd- Sunday 3rd March 2019
Tickets for the show will be on sale from 10:00am on Monday 14thJanuary 2019 through Arlington Art’s box office. These will be priced at £14 for adults and £12 for 4-16 year olds and OAPS. There will be three shows this year. Please note some children are only taking part in one show so please purchase tickets for one performance only. Tickets can be brought through Arlington Arts, on their web-site www.arlington-arts.com you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the box office number 01635 244246. Last year tickets sold within a few hours so it is important that you buy your tickets promptly to avoid disappointment.
·Photo day: There will be no photo day next year however Alex Baker will be set up on both show days to take individual photos of children who would like to have their photo taken.
·Easter Holidays: Monday 8th April-Friday 26th April
·New term commences Saturday 27th April- Friday 3rd May